Please take a look at the source code of this page to see how these demos work.
1. Fixed number of two complete rows with lazy loading of images; only images that are actually visible are retrieved from the server:
For lazy loading of images or iframes, it's required to use a "blank.gif" pixel as the source of all images. The actual source URL must be given in a data-src attribute of the image. On init, the plugin will replace the dummy src attribute (blank.gif) with the actual source URL for all visible images.
2. A fluid grid with video content and only full rows:
3. Showing a title underneath + less margin between images:
4. Overlaying caption - could be a link or a button, as well:
5. Cut off parts of the images, e.g. a Shutterstock ID:
Original (uncut) first image with Shutterstock ID at the bottom: